Effective Date: December 16, 2019
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION USE
- INFORMATION WE SHARE
- HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS RETAINED
- YOUR RIGHTS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- DATA SECURITY
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information we automatically collect. This includes data that identifies you personally, whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A) Information You Provide
DMFP collects certain information from you when you directly provide it to us. This may include when you create an account with us, make a purchase through our Sites, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our e-mail list, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us directly. This information may include the following:
- Contact details including your name, address, email address, and telephone or mobile number;
- Login and account information, including user name, password, and unique user ID; and
- Billing and payment data, including credit card data; and
- Personal preferences, such as marketing preferences.
B) Information Automatically Collected
Please note that DMFP or our service providers may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information.
We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Sites, including, but not limited to, your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Sites.
- Usage Information.
We may collect information about how you use the Sites, including: the date and time you visit the Sites; what areas or pages of the Sites you visit; the amount of time you spend visiting the Sites; the number of times you return to the Sites; other information about where you click on the Sites; whether you open, forward, or click on links in emails we send; and other sites you may visit.
- Location Information.
We collect general information about where traffic and purchases on our site are coming from around the world. We use this information at an aggregate level (meaning the information does not identify individual users) to create reports to better understand how we engage with users.
- Service Providers..
We may use service providers to support our Sites. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
- Google Analytics.
C. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us, information we automatically collect through our Sites, information collected offline, information collected across other computers or devices that you may use, and information from third party sources.
2. INFORMATION USE
Where necessary under applicable law, we will have a lawful basis to process your data if:
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for data analytics purposes; fraud prevention; direct marketing; network and information systems security; enhancing or improving our content, products, and services; identifying usage trends; and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and/or
- We are legally obligated to process it.
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- Respond to your inquiries and contact you when necessary;
- Enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Sites;
- Review the usage and operations of our Sites, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Sites, via email, text message or push notification, or across other websites or social media;
- Administer any orders that you have placed with us and process payments;
- Communicate with you about your purchase;
- Register and manage your account(s) with us;
- Contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials;
- Use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes (this processing may involve profiling – for example to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization purposes);
- Address problems with the Sites or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Sites and our business; or
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use the Sites to connect with any third-party services (e.g., social media sites), you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
A) Information You Share
The Sites offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with the Sites may include filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products, inquiring about or purchasing products, participating in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” our content on your social media accounts or otherwise interacting with DMFP. Any information you may disclose on our Sites, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or in other public areas of the Sites or other third-party websites, applications, or services that the Sites may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B) Information We Share
We may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with DMFP affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Sites, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
4. HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS RETAINED
We will retain your individual personal data only as long as we need it for the purpose for which we are processing it. For example, when you contact us with a complaint, query, or other concern, we will retain your information for as long as needed to respond to your query. We may use data aggregated by Google Analytics indefinitely without further notice to you.
We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for us to retain it. When we anonymize data, we may retain such data indefinitely without further notice to you.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
A) For EEA Residents
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation) that you may have shared with us. If you live in the EEA, and wish to access, amend, delete, or transfer any personal data we hold about you, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data on legitimate grounds, but we reserve the right to proceed with the processing if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe we have infringed upon your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws, please contact email@example.com. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
B) For California Residents
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how DMFP shares their personal information with third parties or affiliated companies for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. We are not responsible for notices that are not properly sent, or that do not have complete information.
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you: (1) the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; (2) the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and (5) the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may also request that we delete any personal information we have collected from or about you. There are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
We offer multiple ways for you to make such a request (“Data Access Request” and “Deletion Request”) free of charge, including the following:
- Send an e-mail to at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field and include as an attachment a completed Data Access Request Form or Deletion Request Form. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- Fill out and print the online forms Data Access Request Form or Deletion Request Form and mail it to: Privacy Officer, Del Monte Fresh Produce Company, 241 Sevilla Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134.
- Call our toll free number at 1 (833) 981-0038 and provide the information listed on our Data Request Form over the phone.
In order for us to fulfill your Data Access Request Form or Deletion Request Form, we will need to verify that you are who you say you are and that we indeed collect or retain your personal information on our systems. For verification purposes, we will attempt to match information that you provide to us with information we already have in our records. We will not be able to delete or provide you with access to your personal information unless we are able to verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We value your privacy and will not discriminate against you in response to you exercising your privacy rights.
An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf, after submission of proof of authorization in accordance with California law.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers/contact Information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, age, gender, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of information for a business purpose: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
C) Cookies; Tracking
D) Choices Concerning Direct Marketing
If you consented to receive direct marketing from DMFP, we provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications. To unsubscribe from our email communications at any time follow the instructions contained within the email you received, or contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Sites to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (or older, if applicable law provides for different protections). If we learn that a minor has provided personal information through the Sites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
We do not sell personal information about people under the age for 16.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and visitors to the Sites. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
9. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Since DMFP is a global company, Sites covered by this policy attract users from all over the world. DMFP is based in the United States. Therefore, if you choose to give us personal information, we will process that information in the United States. Data protection laws in the United States may be less stringent than in your country.
To ensure that we adequately protect your data, we only transfer your data subject to suitable safeguards being in place. In particular, we transfer your information outside the EEA through the use of standard contractual clauses and we make sure that any such transfers are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and using adequate and appropriate safeguards. To find out more about how we safeguard your information (including obtaining a copy of such safeguards) in relation to transfers outside the EEA, please contact us via the details provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
Attention: Privacy Officer
Del Monte Fresh Produce Company
P.O. Box 149222
Coral Gables, Florida 33114-9222 USA
You may also contact us by sending us an e-mail or by mail, or calling us at our toll free number at 1 (833) 981-0038.
Effective Date: December 16, 2019
Quick Guide to Contents
- What are cookies?
- How Can You Control or Delete Cookies?
- What Types of Cookies Does DMFP Use?
- Questions/Contact Us
Cookies may be categorized as first- or third-party cookies, and persistent or session cookies:
- First-party cookies are those set by the Sites the user visits (e.g., cookies www.freshdelmonte.com places).
- Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than that of the Sites the user visits.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie.
- Session cookies are created temporarily, and once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
There are many different types of cookies. For a list of cookie types used on our Sites, please refer to the section below on “Types of Cookies Used by DMFP”
- You can refuse to provide your consent to our collection of non-essential cookies;
Our performance and functionality Cookies are not strictly necessary for the Sites to work but will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these Cookies, but if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Sites and some features of the Sites may not work as intended. For example, you may not be able to visit certain areas of the Sites or you may not receive personalized information when you visit our Sites.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of our Sites, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies likely will affect the functionality of our Sites.
- You can disable first- or third-party cookies using your browser settings;
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want our website to store Cookies on your computer or device, you can change or adjust your browser or device settings to block Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent to your device.
If you use different devices to view and access the Sites (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your Cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in FireFox >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android >> Click here
More info. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. Questions/Contact Us
Find a variety of fresh recipe ideas for every occasion.
Our goal is to inspire healthy lifestyles through wholesome, convenient foods. Learn more!
Check out our high-quality fresh fruits & vegetables available as whole, fresh cut and packaged products.
News & Events
Stay up to date with our fresh news and events.